VACANCIES/ bank staff required
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Preschool Practitioner to join our amazing, small, dedicated team. We need someone to cover current staff absences – hours to be confirmed.
We are looking for someone who shares the same passion about Early Years care and education, and who, as well as bringing their own knowledge and experience to the setting, are keen to continue training and develop their career in childcare.
The Preschool Practitioner duties include, but are not limited to:
- To act as a key personand as part of the preschool team under the direction of the preschool Manager.
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum by providing safe and educational opportunities for all children within an inclusive environment.
- To help set up the indoor and outdoor areas and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To deliver care and education to children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding children, their families or other staff.
- To ensure adequate records are kept and updated regularly. This includes learning journeys, observations and next steps.
Please note this role requires bending, kneeling and crouching. It may also involve lifting children and changing nappies/toileting duties
Ideally, Candidates would have a Level 2 or above qualification in Children and young people’s workforce (CYPW) early years or equivalent. Previous experience of working with young children is key alongside a willingness to learn. Flexibility, good communication skills and a friendly approach is key. Knowledge of EYFS, child protection procedures and a sound knowledge in child development is beneficial.
If you feel like you have the experience and qualifications then we very much look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to our lovely setting.
We very much pride ourselves on encouraging healthy eating here at Ewelme village preschool, along with the importance of having good Oral Health.
The children will also be learning how important it is to brush their teeth. There are lots of things parents can access from home (please see link below) The children also have a tooth brushing reward chart to help make brushing teeth more fun!
Why do we brush our teeth? “Otherwise your teeth will fall out” – Jack
When do you brush your teeth? “when you brush your teeth in the morning when you don’t have stinky breath” – Grace