Natalie (Deputy Manager)
Rachel (Early Years Practitioner & Forest School Leader)
Stephanie (Early Years Practitioner)
Ewelme Village Preschool is very proud of its energetic, caring and highly qualified professionals.
All members are qualified to at least NVQ3, are registered with Ofsted, enhanced DBS checked and are paediatric first aid and safeguarding trained. Team members continually update their skills through regular training and CPD.
We maintain the ratio of adults to children that is set through the Welfare Requirements, which is a ratio of one staff member to four children under the age of three and one staff member to eight children aged three to four. We also encourage volunteer parent helpers where possible to complement these ratios. This helps us to:
- Give time and attention to each individual child
- Talk with the children about their interests and activities
- Help the children to experience and benefit from the activities we provide
- Allow the children to explore and be adventurous in safe environment
- Plan age-appropriate activities and take into account which children are in each day
Before your child starts at preschool they will be allocated a key person, whose role will be to help settle your child into their new environment, making time to get to know your child and their family. They will be responsible for understanding your child’s interests and abilities, encouraging them to enjoy learning and fulfil their potential. They are responsible for sharing information with parents/carers and are always available to talk to, should you wish.